As most of you probably remember there was a HUGE snow storm here Monday night. It started snowing at about 5:00 PM here and literally didn't stop until well into the night / early morning. Total, we got about 14 inches at my parents' house!! Needless to say, Blake had an interesting time even making it to the house (including being pulled up our street by a Hummer!!), but I was glad when he made it here safely. When I woke up in the morning and saw how much snow was outside, covering the streets and our driveway, I was sure we'd be snowed in all day! My little brother took my dad's 4-wheel drive car to school, so he was able to make it out ok...but since Blake and I both drive little cars, it wasn't looking good!I suggested to Blake that we bring out the snow-blower and attempt to clear off the driveway...Blake looked at me and said, "ok, sure, we can do that...I've never used a snow-blower before, but I'll try....", it then dawned on me that my Nevada-born husband would never have needed a snow-blower before! So, we whipped out the snow-blower and snow shovels and got to work! I kept telling / reassuring Blake that this was a very unusual kind of snow storm...we rarely get 14 inches of snow in a matter of hours, and also due to the warmth of the weather the snow was VERY wet...which does not make for very easy snow removal! Well, long story short, after between an hour to an hour and a half of hard manual labor, the driveway and sidewalks were clear and we were able to get our cars out without a problem.
Needless to say I am SO grateful Blake made it up to my parents' house. Aside from loving just having him here to spend time with, I would not have known what to do about all of the snow! I probably would have been home-bound that day!!
THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK
AND AWESOME SNOW-BLOWING SKILLS HONEY!!!
'desert rats' don't know much about major snow storms, but sounds like everything worked out OK! I'm missing LV weather about now, but it's finally warming up here.
ReplyDelete