Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy 100th birthday Hotel Utah!

     Blake and I got to help celebrate the 100th birthday of Hotel Utah / The Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I was asked to sing in the band that was playing for the festivities, so we were lucky enough to go.
     It was a very formal event. It was so fun to be able to get all dressed up and have a fancy night out! The dress for all invited was stated as "formal wear or period dress"... it was so fun to see all of the older guests dressed up in their "period dress". The women were wearing beautiful, old fashioned, formal dresses complete with big hats, and some of the men were sporting full-on 3 piece suits with pocket watches and bowler hats! It was such a fun party to be able to go to. Not to mention there were some very cool and important people there that we were able to see. The special guests included the Mayor and the Governor of Utah, KSL news reporter Carol Mikita, many members of the Quorum of the Twelve, all three members of the First Presidency, among many others!
     I really love performing and I don't get to do it very often anymore, so I was very excited to get this opportunity. It was a fun, fancy, and fantastic night!!
Me and Blake in front of the awesome ice sculpture! 
(There was a cute old man that was watching us while we were having our picture taken that said, "Whew, that girl is so hot she's going to melt that ice!!" ha ha...made my night!) 

2 comments:

  1. so jealous of your band gig!!! I MISS doing those :(. You look like you had a good time. But I want to see pics of the bowler hats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I'm so mad at myself...I didn't take any pictures of all the cute old people who were dressed up! Dang, definitely one of those "missed it" moments!

    ReplyDelete