Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Birthday...

     My twenty-third birthday was on April 18th, and what an amazing birthday it was! I am so lucky to have a darling husband, and amazing friends and family who made it so special. I had a blast celebrating over the course of not one, not two, but three days!

Day One ... My actual birthday! 
     I decided to take the whole day off work! This is not something I do very often, but I figured that for my birthday it would definitely be worth it. Blake had finished all of his finals the previous day, so we literally had the entire day to just hang out...so fun! It was great to just be able to spend time together and not have to worry about getting anything in particular done. 
     I slept in and woke up to my husband giving me gorgeous flowers, a beautiful card, and a gift certificate for a pedicure! 





      After returning from my relaxing morning with pretty toes, Blake told me that I could open my birthday present. He got me the cutest shoes!! I absolutely love them. My first pair of Sperry's, I was so excited!


     As if that wasn't enough, Blake told me that we would be heading up to Salt Lake to do some shopping at City Creek! (He sure does know how to treat a girl!) On our way up we stopped at Kneaders to grab lunch real quick, and then it was off to shopping! We had fun just walking around, it was a beautiful day. We did some window shopping at all of the new, expensive stores where we could never buy anything, but it's always fun to look! I did end up getting a few things; two shirts and a dress. Also, while at City Creek, through the amazing-ness of technology, I was able to FaceTime with my sister Sarah, brother-in-law, and their two kids who live in Maryland. It was so great to "see" them and so thoughtful of them to call and sing me happy birthday! What a fun afternoon!

     After all of the shopping we headed to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. The food was so delicious!



     To end the eventful day we went to a movie, Mirror Mirror, which I had been wanting to see. The movie was great, and we were the only ones in the theater which made it even better!


    So as you can see, I had an incredible day! I am so incredibly lucky to have such a selfless husband. As you can probably tell from the events of the day, these were all of MY favorite things to do. My sweet husband not only made plans and spoiled me like crazy, but he spent the whole day with me doing things that he probably had very little interest in. I am definitely a lucky girl and I am reminded of it so often. Thanks for such a fun, relaxing, amazing day honey!!

. . . . .

Day Two ... Picnic up the canyon with the Harbers! 
     Blake and I both come from families who like to celebrate birthdays with a Sunday dinner. This year was crazy trying to coordinate everyone's schedules and find a Sunday that would work, so we decided to switch things up a bit. We went up the canyon to have a picnic lunch! First we stopped off at Kneaders to grab some yummy sandwiches and desserts, then we headed up Provo canyon. It was the most beautiful day. Sunny, temperature was perfect, it could not have been a more ideal day for a picnic! 




 (This is what happens when Kelli says, "ok, just one more, smile!")




 My present from the Harbers...LOVE these shoes!! 

(Yes, I modeled the shoes on the running trail...Kaitlyn was a little embarrassed!)

     Thank you for such an amazing afternoon, Harber fam! I am so lucky to have married into such an incredible, loving, and accepting family. I love you all so much! 

. . . . .

Day Three ... Sunday dinner with the Kaelins!
     As I mentioned, it is a tradition for our family to celebrate birthdays with a dinner (and games of course!) on the Sunday nearest your birthday. Since my birthday is the 18th and my brother Joey's birthday is on the 21st, we usually get to celebrate our birthdays together. We collaborated on the meal and ended up having ribs, artichokes, carrots, broccoli, baked potatoes, and of course cake and ice cream for dessert! (Sarah, Anna, and Robby I'm sure you're all jealous! ha ha, We missed you!!) It was such a delicious dinner and, as always, so great to have both of my grandmas there to celebrate with us! 







     My parents gave me a gift which was SO thoughtful. It is a song book that I can use, as well as use to help my students for auditions and such. I was so excited! It is definitely something that I will get a lot of use out of! 


     My parents are also so sweet and got me flowers, balloons, and a beautiful card. They put them in my teaching room at the studio so, because I decided to take the day off, I didn't get them until the day after my birthday! But I was so surprised and excited when I walked in and found them the next day. They are so thoughtful! 


     Thanks mom and dad for always making me feel special and for going out of your way to do so. And thanks, Bo, for sharing your birthday dinner with me. I always love that we can do that together!! 

. . . . .

     Throughout the week of my birthday I got various cards, gifts, out-to-lunches/dinners, phone calls, and texts from so many people that I love. Thank you so so much everyone!! 
A heavenly-smelling candle, body spray, lotion, and body wash from Melissa (and Greg!) 

 Delicious cup cakes from Joe and Heather!

A cute birthday package from my sister, Anna!

 Darling flower and note from my visiting teachers!

New shirt from Carrie!

     As you can see I am an extremely lucky and spoiled girl! I have the best friends and family that anyone could ever ask for. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing and thoughtful people. Thanks to everyone for making me feel so special and loved. I am truly blessed!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment