Wednesday, April 6, 2011

T U C A N O S. . . .

     So Blake and I love the restaurant Tucanos! It's so yummy. Blake and I went there when we first started dating for one of our birthdays and signed up for their "birthday club" which totally rocks because they send you a gift certificate for one free meal during your birthday month! So we love when it's nearing one of our birthdays so that we can treat ourselves.
     When Blake and I got to the gateway I was a little surprised and EXTREMELY confused to see Christmas decorations everywhere! This picture does not even do it justice:
 
   They had the garlands up all over, Christmas lights on all the trees, and not to mention they even had the HUGE Christmas tree out and decorated that they have over by the fountains. Seriously, the more we walked around the more confused and curious I got! It wasn't until I saw this sign tucked away in a little corner that it all made sense.....

     
  So apparently some time in the near future we can expect to see our very own Gateway as the set for a movie entitled "Guide To Life"!!
     Well, after the Christmas decoration mystery was laid to rest, we headed over to Tucanos for our yummy date night dinner. My absolute favorite thing at Tucanos is without a doubt the grilled pineapple!!!! MmmmMmmmMmmm...I don't know what they do to that stuff but it sure is yummy!
 (This picture, I admit, doesn't look very appetizing, but it really is so delicious!) 

     However, as much as I liked the pineapple, I might have to say my favorite part of the night was our waiter (or at least the most entertaining part!)....oh how interesting he made dinner for us! I'm all for people who are happy about their jobs, but seriously, this guy was a little too enthused and had a little too much energy to be working as a waiter! After just his first couple of minutes with us we knew it would be a memorable night, so I pulled out my phone and started taking notes of some of the stuff he said.....
     He brought Blake his Mango flavored Brazilian Lemonade and told him to take a "sip-a-rooskie" to see if he liked the flavor...throughout the course of the evening he brought Blake out a few different flavors to see which one he liked best, in the process asking him if his "drink test-a-roo was fabuuulostica!" He came around as we were eating to see how things were and he asked me to tell him "how the food made me feel inside"! Ha ha, seriously, this guy was out of control. My absolute favorite comment of his throughout the night though was this......he brought out the dessert tray and was explaining to us all of the dessert options, he then pointed to the 7-Layer chocolate fudge cake and said, "this one is my favorite thing in the whole world...besides my mom!" 
     Needless to say, that little trip to Tucanos was one of the more memorable! 

1 comment:

  1. love the post today:) Jill and I saw the tree with decorations spread on the ground last week ... silly us, we assumed they were VERY late taking it down but you solved the mystery! I'm still trying to figure out your waiter ... WOW!

    ReplyDelete