Tuesday, July 19, 2011

NYC Baby!


     So just a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to take an amazing “girls trip” with my mother-in-law (Kelli) and sister-in-law (Kaitlyn). Kaitlyn is an amazing dancer and she, along with her entire dance studio, competed in Nationals this year at New York City Dance Alliance. I’m so glad that I got to tag along on the trip to New York to watch her dance and cheer her on. We spent a whopping ten days in the Big Apple…it was a long time to be away from home! I DEFINITELY missed Blake. It was hard to be away from him for such a long period of time, but I’m so glad I went. Kelli, Kaitlyn, and I spent our time in New York eating (too much!) at delicious restaurants, taking Kaitlyn to her first Broadway show Mamma Mia!, people watching in Times Square, strolling through Central Park, taking the Staten Island Ferry out to see the Statue of Liberty, window shopping on Fifth Avenue…all squeezed in between watching tons of incredible dancing!! I’m so lucky that Kelli and Kaitlyn invited me to take this trip with them. I had such a great time. I look forward to lots more Harber girls trips in the future J.

Me and Kaitlyn in Times Square!

Probably one of Kaitlyn's favorite parts of the trip....we saw Justin Bieber!! We were just walking down the street and all of the sudden he came walking out of a building with about four or five body guard type people around him. He walked out of the building (which we later found out is a recording studio) and got into this car. We weren't able to get our phones and cameras out fast enough to get a picture of "the Biebs" himself, but I did manage to snag a picture of his car! 

Central Park

The morning team of the Today show...we went down to Rockefeller Center where we saw Blake Shelton perform and caught a glimpse of Ann Curry among others.

Kaitlyn dancing her solo to "Imagine"

Kaitlyn and I got our portraits drawn by a street artist in Times Square

All dressed up for the Dance Gala

No comments:

Post a Comment