Friday, August 19, 2011

Stain removing tips...

     So, I was doing laundry in our new house the other day. When I opened up the lid to our washing machine I was interested to find a little chart with some stain removing tips...

   
     While putting our laundry into the washing machine I started to read and was amazed at what these tips suggested. As you can see they have listed all of the most common stains, which are also usually the hardest to remove, and specific things that you should do to remove that particular kind of stain! I was so amazed (and to be quite honest with you, excited!) at how thoughtful the washing machine manufacture people were to include such a handy list at such a convenient location.
     Well, this morning after Blake had washed his face, he wiped it on his towel...and apparently (unknown to him) he had a bloody nose! So there was a nice, big, red blood stain on his WHITE towel. Well, I quickly remembered the handy little list located on my washing machine, so I went in and read what to do under "blood stains". It told me to immediately soak the stained item in cold water, then soak it in detergent. After following these instructions, sure enough the entire stain came right out!! I was AMAZED.    
     Below is a picture of a shirt of Blake's that he was wearing once when he had a bloody nose (notice what kind of a stain that left after not being treated correctly!). Now, compare that to his towel that is right next to it. That part of the towel is exactly where the blood was this morning...and now, not even a trace of a stain!


     So to many of you moms who are reading this, these kind of stain removal tips may be common knowledge...but I'm telling you, as a newly married girl, not having had to deal with many stains thus far  in my life, I am so grateful to now have this clever little list to help me in all of my stain removal adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment