Friday, August 19, 2011

ZUMBA!!!

     Ok, so lately I've been feeling a little out of shape. Now that we've moved from our old apartment (that had a gym) to our new condo (that doesn't) I haven't worked out much, if at all! So, I've been looking for a way to be a little more active. While Blake and I were at Costco the other day we found this amazing discount deal that Costco is selling for a two year membership to 24 hour fitness. Especially since Blake already has a membership to that same gym, I REALLY wanted it! After convincing Blake that I really would use it :), we decided it's a great deal and that it would be a good thing for me to have. I've never been a member of a gym before, so I didn't really know what to expect. Well, when we went yesterday to get me all signed up I learned that with my membership I am able to take any of the classes that they offer at 24 hour Fitness totally free!
     I have heard a little bit about Zumba classes, but had never watched or taken one before. I decided to just jump right in and try one out. So, this morning I went to my very first Zumba class...and I absolutely LOVED it!!! It's amazing. You are moving for one straight hour, never stopping or taking a break. Now, I know that sounds totally crazy and like no fun at all...but I had such a blast! Instead of doing sit-ups and pushups and other kind of conventional workout activities, you're dancing the entire time! Especially since I've danced on and off my whole life, and that is something that I really enjoy doing, it is perfect for me! I did a fitness bootcamp a little while ago, and that was great because it gave me a tough workout and was a good motivator...but I'd say it was lacking in the "fun factor". However, the whole point of Zumba is just to have fun and be active! Seriously, it was such a blast, and probably the best workout I've ever had! I'm so glad I decided to try it out. I think it's my new favorite thing! I'll have to wait and see what kind of actual results I get from it (from how much I was sweating today I'm guessing they'll be pretty good!), but for now I am content with having something that is so fun and just gets me moving.
     So, if any of you are stuck in a boring work out routine, or aren't real fans of working out in general, I would encourage you to try a Zumba class. You almost don't realize how hard you're working your body because of how much fun have in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment